Sunday, December 19, 2010

Hurray!

In four days this last week, I performed comedy 3 times. The first was Wednesday at Cigars and Stripes, a weirdly cool bar/restaurant here in Chicago (well, technically Berwyn) that does amateur nights every week. The next was on Thursday in Steven's Point, Wisconsin at a place called Rookie's. And the third was on Saturday in Veroqua, Wisconsin at the American Legion Hall. Three shows in four days. It was like I was back in my salad days of comedic success. In all, I logged many hours of driving, I gave up two days of working at the office (and the money that entails), and I didn't even get paid for Saturday's show yet (although a check is supposed to come in the mail). Plus, I was awakened in the hotel this morning by kids screaming and crashing into the walls outside my hotel room early this morning.

The past four days have kicked ass.

I highly recommend performing professional stand-up comedy to anyone out there who is looking for the greatest ego stroke/emotional thrill on the market today. I didn't even do that particularly well. I had crowds that really seemed to be in a laughing mood, so it made me look good and made me feel even better.

Many, many, many terrible shows and horrible performances on my part undoubtedly await me in the future, but right now, things are good.


3 comments:

  1. Good God, man! You of all people should know that when things are going well, you should never acknowledge it. Now something terrible is going to happen. I now will have to attend your New Years party via Skype, just for safety's sake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still in Chicago right? Just maybe from Nick's apartment?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That makes no sense. I'd still be well within the range of the blast. I'll be in the Dunkin' Donuts a block away, using their wi-fi and pretending to write a novel, as though I were in Starbucks. But the coffee won't suck as much.

    ReplyDelete